NO GRIT, NO GRID.
READY TO VOTE?
Your Vote Will Help MOFF award $2500 to Filmmakers
Philip J. Carcia
White Mountains, New Hampshire
“My name is Philip J. Carcia and I am a hiker, runner, and media creator who has logged over 15,000 miles on some of the most iconic trail networks in North America. Growing up in Massachusetts and cutting my teeth in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, I fostered a deep love affair with the mountains of the Northeast at an early age. Almost two-decades later, that love continues to widen, and has become an anchor in both my personal and professional narrative.
I’m a firm believer that in order to reach your true potential in life, you must give yourself fully. After nearly 35 years, I still strive to reach this difficult standard – doing what I love, in the place that I love to do it.”
“1. Coldest temperature while shooting was approximately -35F on Mount Washington.
2. NH Senator Maggie Hassan sent a personal congratulations after the Grid.
3. The 2018/19 winter season was one of the worst on record in the White Mountains, NH.
4. I met Andrew Bones, who wrote the score, while thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail.
5. At my peak caloric intake, I was consuming 4 double-cheeseburgers in a single sitting.
6. It took over 3 years to save for the Single Year Grid.
7. The Single Year Grid was inspired after watching my father die of cancer.”