Submissions are Closed.
Announcing the 10 Finalists:
FROZEN PLAYGROUND – TJ Frongillo – Cumberland
SUMMER SESSIONS – Alex Blackie – Old Town
MAINE: FROM THE COAST TO THE MOUNTAINS – Dylan Hall – Cumberland
THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE – Jacob Christiansen – Kittery Point
DOSE Y NIEVE – Zachary Treyball and Marty Wentworth – Brooksville
ATHLETE SPOTLIGHT: MAGUIRE ANUSZEWSKI – Lukas Grube – Winthrop
TWO COLD – Ross Knowlton – Millinocket
FROZEN FINISH – Todd J Burgess – Saco
SNOW DAYS – Keaton Stone – South Berwick
SOMEWHERE IN MAINE – PART TWO – Taylor Walker – Carrabassett Valley
GET YOUR TICKETS FOR THE PREMIERE April 1 at Sugarlof
Game on for the 1st ever: Winter Broke and Stoked Video Contest…
$1000 grand prize presented by Sugarloaf.
TEN finalists receive an outdoor gear prize pack from our sponsors.
Rules are below. Submissions will be accepted from 12/21/16 to 3/22/17.
Here are the rules:
- Submissions must be an outdoor video.
- Submissions must be made by a Maine resident, or Maine residents.
- Submissions must less than 4 minutes long (3:59 is cool. 4:00 is not).
- All music used (if any) in the Submission must be credited AND used with permission (No exceptions. If you need help finding license-free music, please email us or just google “royalty-free music”).
- Submissions must have a title screen and end credits.
- HOW TO SUBMIT: Films must be submitted by
A. upload your video to VIMEO.com
B. Email your VIMEO link to: email@example.com before March 23, 2017.
C. Include your name, hometown, mailing address (for prize pack) and a .jpg or .png “thumbnail” of your film.
- TEN FINALISTS: The MOFF jury will select its favorite 10 films which will be part of the premiere screening at Sugarloaf on April 1, 2017. Each of the ten finalists, will receive an outdoor gear prize pack, including a lift ticket voucher from Sugaloaf.
- ONLINE VOTING FOR $1,000 PRIZE:
A. On April 2, 2017, all ten of the finalist films will be uploaded and available to watch at BROKEANDSTOKED.com.
B. From April 2 to April 14 at 11:59pm an online voting form will accept one vote per email address for the grand prize. The film with the most votes wins.
- The $1,000 Grand Prize (presented by Sugarloaf) will be announced at the East Coast Pond Skimming Championships at 1pm on April 15, 2017 at Sugarloaf.
- By submitting you also agree to all of these Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions: Important, please read closely.
- By entering a submission to the Maine Outdoor Film Festival, you agree to all of the terms and conditions stated below and herein.
- You are establishing an enforceable agreement with No Umbrella Media, LLC, and therefore are responsible for understanding all these terms and abiding by them. If you do not understand a term, please contact us.
- You are giving No Umbrella Media, LLC, its licensees, successors, assigns, and any other parties succeeding or authorized by it (collectively, “No Umbrella”) certain rights with regard to intellectual property that makes up your submission.
- With regard to your submission, you agree to give No Umbrella a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive license to use, publicly perform, publicly display, copy, distribute, and create derivative works of your submission in connection with the “Maine Outdoor Film Festival” name.
- We agree that no screening fees will be paid to the filmmaker.
- We agree that No Umbrella will give all credits that we practicably can, given case-by-case circumstances.
- You warrant that all copyrighted material–music, pictures, web content, videos, art, graphic design, etc. (this is not an exhaustive list, rather it is exemplary)—is either owned by you, or that you have express written permission to use any copyrighted material found in your submission. No exceptions.
- You agree, that in the event that the previous bullet point turns out to be not true (you have infringed someone else’s copyrights), to indemnify and hold harmless No Umbrella for any claims or threat of claim against the same, and that you will pay for (first), or reimburse (last resort), all costs associated with defending any such claims against No Umbrella for violation of another’s copyright as a result of your submission.
- You warrant that you have full consent and permission from all people who appear in any identifiable manner in your submission to use their persona in your submission, their knowing and understanding that their image or likeness may be used commercially.
- You agree to hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless No Umbrella from any and all claims, including, without limitation, claims for damages for libel, infringement of rights of publicity, invasion of privacy, portrayal in a false light, or any other claim from any person based on use of your submission.
- Any and all disputes arising from your submission shall be first attempted to be resolved by a mediator in Maine, in person or through electronic and phone communication.
- The parties agree Maine law applies to this agreement, and that all federal and state courts of Maine shall have subject matter jurisdiction of this agreement.
- This is the entire agreement with respect to the parties, and all other communications about this matter are not a part of this agreement.
Congrats to Max and John: Winners of the 2016 Broke and Stoked Contest!
Grand Prize check presentation: filmmaker Max Tullgren, Skowhegan Savings’ Fawn Wentworth, filmmaker Keaton Stone. Photo by Nick Bowie
Watch The 2016 Summer Broke and Stoked Finalist Videos:
(On a phone? Watch on Vimeo)
CONGRATS TO THE 2016 FINALISTS
TUMBLING UP TUMBLEDOWN – Abigail Bennett – Oxford
FLY FISHING NUANCES – Alex (A.L.) Poland – Oxford
FROM CUMBERLAND – Andrew Burgess – Cumberland
LIMITLESS ADVENTURE – Casey Nava – Waterboro
PETE AND DAD EXPLORE THE LAKE – Corey Rubchinuk – Winthrop
SUMMER IN MAINE – Darren Lieu – Freeport
COUNTING DOWN THE HOURS – Max Tullgren and Keaton Stone – South Berwick
PENETRATING EARTH – Mike McVey – Millinocket
MAINE OCTOBER BIKING 2015 – Nathan Woodsum – Auburn
MAINE WINTER CAMP – Randall Baker – Freeport
Each of these Ten Finalists has won an Outdoor Gear Prize Pack with gear from
And the filmmaker who gets the most audience votes wins
the Grand Prize of $1,000 underwritten by Skowhegan Savings