Associate Festival Producer
The Maine Outdoor Film Festival – a celebration of adventure, conversation and the arts held each summer in Portland, Maine.
Job type: Seasonal, 30 to 35 hours per week, from mid-April to mid-September, with potential to be year-round full-time for the right candidate. The festival itself is July 28 to August 14 (Thursday through Sunday each week) and during the festival the employee must attend all screenings which will include nights and weekends.
Summary: This role works closely with the Festival Director to plan, execute and manage all aspects of initiatives pertaining to the execution of the festival. The ideal candidate has a deep interest in community, film and film festivals and an understanding of event production. This is a seasonal role with a potential full time opportunity and is based in Portland, Maine. This role includes pre-event preparation, working at the live events and the post event consolidation. This will include administrative tasks, scheduling, logistics, as well as assistance with the physical setup and breakdown of festival screenings. This role will work cross functionally with varying departments and will require someone who is highly organized, works well under pressure, and has previously worked in a leadership position.
- Carry out vision of Festival Director by leading initiatives pertaining to the execution of the festival
- Work in tandem with the Office Coordinator, Communications Team, Programming Committee and Production Crew and take the overhead view of the festival as a whole
- Conduct key organizational tasks such as meeting agenda creation for team and partners; note-taking and distribution ensuring clear communication between all parties
- Craft schedules, timelines, equipment inventory, and contact sheets
- Secure all permits and contracts necessary
- Collaborate on event promotion strategies
- Management and oversight of ticketing app and other customer purchases
- Help with programming/film curation
- Work with street team and social media team on pre-festival promo
- Serve as festival lead contact during each event
- Direct volunteer team during event setup and breakdown
- Manage the technical side of the screenings, including sound, projection, etc. with team tech support
- Ensure sponsorship deliverables are seen through
- Artist and sponsor liaising
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with venue representatives to ensure guest safety and legal compliance
- Bring good vibes
- Distribution of visitor feedback forms
- Supply notes for post-mortem, supporting success in future years
- Gear and equipment audit, organization
- 2-3 years of Event Production or related experience, with the intent to learn and grow
- Proficiency in Google Drive (docs, sheets, and slides) and/or Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Proficiency in team-management applications (we use Monday.com)
- Working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to be flexible and multitask while still adhering to deadlines within a high-performing, yet casual and friendly, film/event production company
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping
- Able to work autonomously and be self-motivated and take initiative
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude towards collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to help with event production/lift up to 40 lbs
- Must have valid drivers licenses and reliable transport. The ability to drive a truck and trailer is a plus (no CDL required)
- $18 to $20/hour
- 30 to 35 hours per week (potential for more during festival)
- Four month seasonal position (potential for yearly)
- Job is based in Portland, Maine
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to Nick@noumbrella.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Reports to: MOFF Director Nick Callanan.