FINALISTS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED. NOW ITS TIME TO WATCH THE FILMS THEN VOTE IN THE OFFICIAL BALLOT BELOW:
OFFICIAL 2019 BROKE AND STOKED BALLOT
A JOURNEY IN DOWNEAST MAINE
Directed by: Ryan Malagara from Whiting
AIR, FIRE, AND WATER
Directed by: Gabe Souza and Mark Fleming from Biddeford
Directed by: Hayden J Friel from Millinocket
FAST LANE FROSTBITE
Directed by: Isaac Crabtree from Monson
Directed by: Ian Dow from Winthrop
NOW AND AGAIN
Directed by: Josh Lawless from Farmington
MAINE NIGHT SKY
Directed by: Toby Wentzel from Roxbury
Directed by: Jake Kowalski from Millinocket
THE OPEN ROAD
Directed by: Kelly Hinkle from Columbia Falls
THERE ONCE WAS A BOY WHO ASKED QUESTIONS
Directed by: Ian MacLellan from Portland
Submission Window is Closed.
thanks to Three Rivers Whitewater for underwriting the $1,000 in cash prizes this year
1. Submissions must be an outdoor video.
2. Submissions must be made by a Maine resident, or Maine residents, who has not won the award more than once before.
3. Submissions must less than four minutes long (3:59 is cool. 4:00 is not).
4. All music used (if any) in the Submission must be credited AND used with permission (No exceptions. If you need help finding license-free music, please email us or just google “royalty-free music”).
5. Submissions must have a title screen and end credits.
6. HOW TO SUBMIT:
A. upload your video to VIMEO.com
B. Email your VIMEO link to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59PM on 8/24/2019.
C. Include your name, hometown, mailing address (for prize pack) and a 16 x 9 aspect ratio .jpg or .png “thumbnail” of your film.
7. TEN FINALISTS:
A. The MOFF jury will announce its favorite 10 films (“the finalists”) in late August 2019.
B. All ten finalists will be part of the premiere screening August 31, 2019 on the Eastern Promenade in Portland.
C. Each finalist will also win a prize pack with prizes from Flowfold, L.L. Bean, Sugarloaf, Three Rivers Whitewater, COAST Portland, American Roots, PakPod, Zootility, KUHL, Carrabassett Coffee, Bar Mitts, CoalaTree, Equinox Climbing Service, GrandyOats, Bixby & Co and more (prize packs subject to change based on sponsor inventory)
8. AWARDING THE $1,000 IN PRIZE MONEY:
A. In late August, all ten of the finalist films will be uploaded and available to watch at BROKEANDSTOKED.com.
B. There will be an online voting period (from 9/1/19 to 9/20/19) during which an online voting form will accept one vote per email address for the grand prize. The film with the most votes wins the audience award of $500.
C. The film with the most jury votes wins the jury award of $500.
D. One film can win both prizes.
E. Both $500 prizes will be announced before 5pm September 24, 2019.
9. By submitting you also agree to all of the Terms and Conditions on the MOFF submissions page.
Past Editions of the Contest, click links below to view films: