TEN Finalists Announced: WATCH the short Films and VOTE for your favorite
(On a phone? Watch on Vimeo)
FILM TITLE- FILMMAKER(S) – HOMETOWN
Click on each film’s name to watch the film, then vote for your favorite below
AN AFTERNOON AT BETHEL VILLAGE TRAIL – Andrew Siegel – Albany Township
BACK 40 MX RACE DAY – Lukas Grube – Winthrop
BACKCOUNTRY CYCLE CHALLENGE – Dylan Hall – Cumberland
CLARITY – Alex Poland – Oxford
ISLAND OF LOST SOULS – Daniel Kayamba – Portland
KEEP PEDALING – Rob and Neyva Mueller – Brunswick
SCHOOL’S OUT – Max Tullgren and Keaton Stone – South Berwick
SUMMER SESSIONS – Sam Whitney – Cape Elizabeth
“THE MAINE LIFE” BY THE DOWNEAST COWBOY – Kelly James Hinkle – Columbia Falls
VACATIONLAND – Jacob Christiansen – Kittery Point
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE HERE:
The winner will be announced on September 28, 2017 at the MOFF Awards Show at One Longfellow Square in Portland
The winning film will receive:
All TEN finalists receive an outdoor gear prize pack from our sponsors.
Thanks to everyone who submitted!
Don’t forget, there is a Winter Broke and Stoked Video Contest with a deadline of April 1, 2018
2018 Winter Broke and Stoked rules:
- Submissions must be an outdoor video.
- Submissions must be made by a Maine resident, or Maine residents.
- Submissions must less than 4 minutes long (3:59 is cool. 4:00 is not).
- All music used (if any) in the Submission must be credited AND used with permission (No exceptions. If you need help finding license-free music, please email us or just google “royalty-free music”).
- Submissions must have a title screen and end credits.
- HOW TO SUBMIT:
A. upload your video to VIMEO.com
B. Email your VIMEO link to: email@example.com before 11:59PM on 4/1/2018.
C. Include your name, hometown, mailing address (for prize pack) and a .jpg or .png “thumbnail” of your film.
- TEN FINALISTS: The MOFF jury will select its favorite 10 films which will be part of the premiere screening in the Avery Ballroom on April 7, 2018. Each of the ten finalists, will receive an outdoor gear prize pack, with gear from Kuhl, Flowfold, L.L. Bean, Sugarloaf, Three Rivers Whitewater, COAST Portland, American Roots, PakPod, Lucid Skis and more.
- ONLINE VOTING FOR $1,000 PRIZE:
A. On April 8, 2018 all ten of the finalist films will be uploaded and available to watch at BROKEANDSTOKED.com.
B. From April 8, 2018 to April 22 at 11:59pm an online voting form will accept one vote per email address for the grand prize. The film with the most votes wins.
- The $1,000 Grand Prize (presented by Sugarloaf) will be announced before 5pm online on this page on April 24, 2018.
- By submitting you also agree to all of these Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions: Important, please read closely.
- By entering a submission to the Maine Outdoor Film Festival, you agree to all of the terms and conditions stated below and herein.
- You are establishing an enforceable agreement with No Umbrella Media, LLC, and therefore are responsible for understanding all these terms and abiding by them. If you do not understand a term, please contact us.
- You are giving No Umbrella Media, LLC, its licensees, successors, assigns, and any other parties succeeding or authorized by it (collectively, “No Umbrella”) certain rights with regard to intellectual property that makes up your submission.
- With regard to your submission, you agree to give No Umbrella a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive license to use, publicly perform, publicly display, copy, distribute, and create derivative works of your submission in connection with the “Maine Outdoor Film Festival” name.
- We agree that no screening fees will be paid to the filmmaker.
- We agree that No Umbrella will give all credits that we practicably can, given case-by-case circumstances.
- You warrant that all copyrighted material–music, pictures, web content, videos, art, graphic design, etc. (this is not an exhaustive list, rather it is exemplary)—is either owned by you, or that you have express written permission to use any copyrighted material found in your submission. No exceptions.
- You agree, that in the event that the previous bullet point turns out to be not true (you have infringed someone else’s copyrights), to indemnify and hold harmless No Umbrella for any claims or threat of claim against the same, and that you will pay for (first), or reimburse (last resort), all costs associated with defending any such claims against No Umbrella for violation of another’s copyright as a result of your submission.
- You warrant that you have full consent and permission from all people who appear in any identifiable manner in your submission to use their persona in your submission, their knowing and understanding that their image or likeness may be used commercially.
- You agree to hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless No Umbrella from any and all claims, including, without limitation, claims for damages for libel, infringement of rights of publicity, invasion of privacy, portrayal in a false light, or any other claim from any person based on use of your submission.
- Any and all disputes arising from your submission shall be first attempted to be resolved by a mediator in Maine, in person or through electronic and phone communication.
- The parties agree Maine law applies to this agreement, and that all federal and state courts of Maine shall have subject matter jurisdiction of this agreement.
- This is the entire agreement with respect to the parties, and all other communications about this matter are not a part of this agreement.
Congrats to Max and Keaton: Winners of the 2016 Broke and Stoked Contest!
Past Editions of the Contest: