Please consider submitting for the 2018 MOFF.
- Must be an outdoor film.
- See length-requirements under categories below.
- Preference will be given to films which tell a story OR are from Maine (i.e. kayak/ski porn has to be real good to make it).
- Films and filmmakers DO NOT have to be from Maine.
- Please submit an HD (720p minimum) .mov or .mp4 file delivered via vimeo or dropbox or google drive.
- You must have legal rights and/or permission to use all music. No exceptions.
- Feature (40 minutes or more)
- Short Feature (12:00 to 39:59)
- Short (0:00 to 11:59)
- Best Maine Film
- Best Film From Away
- Best Young Filmmaker
- Inspiration Award
- Conservation Award
Where your Film Will Be Shown if it is Accepted:
- During the 2018 Maine Outdoor Film Festival, which travels the state of Maine each September, with a specially curated schedule for each of our screenings.
- Category award-winners receive cash prizes, a plaque and a prize from a MOFF sponsor.
- Other award-winners receive a plaque and a prize from one of our sponsors.
- Start by emailing maineoutdoorfilm [at] gmail (dot) com with your film’s information.
- Please include:
- Film Name:
- Filmmaker(s) Name:
- Film Length:
- Film Synopsis:
- Submitter’s Name (if different):
- Submitter’s Email (if different):
- A link to a screening copy of your film on Vimeo, Google Drive or DropBox.
- A 16 x 9 promo image.
- A mailing address to send a gift pack
- Indicate preferred Payment method PayPal (send to email@example.com) or Mail check to Maine Outdoor Film Festival – 222 Saint John St Suite #2G – Portland, ME 04102 or Call 207 619-3622 with your credit card number
How much to enter?
When is the deadline for each category?
Depends on the category and when you submit.
Feature (40 minutes or more)
Early Bird – February 28, 2018 – Fee 45.00
Regular – March 31, 2018 – Fee 55.00
Late – April 30, 2018 – Fee 65.00
WAB Extended – May 9, 2018 – 100.00
Regular – April 30, 2018 – Fee 40.00
Late – June 15, 2018 – Fee 45.00
WAB Extended – June 30, 2018 – 75.00
Regular – April 30, 2018 – Fee 20.00
Late – June 15, 2018 – Fee 25.00
WAB Extended – June 30, 2018 – 50.00
MAINE FILMMAKERS ONLY ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT TO:
Terms you agree to by submitting a film
Term and Conditions: Important, please read closely.
- By entering a submission to the Maine Outdoor Film Festival, you agree to all of the terms and conditions stated below and herein.
- You are establishing an enforceable agreement with No Umbrella Media, LLC, and therefore are responsible for understanding all these terms and abiding by them. If you do not understand a term, please contact us.
- You are giving No Umbrella Media, LLC, its licensees, successors, assigns, and any other parties succeeding or authorized by it (collectively, “No Umbrella”) certain rights with regard to intellectual property that makes up your submission.
- With regard to your submission, you agree to give No Umbrella a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive license to use, publicly perform, publicly display, copy, distribute, and create derivative works of your submission in connection with the “Maine Outdoor Film Festival” name.
- We agree that no screening fees will be paid to the filmmaker.
- We agree that No Umbrella will give all credits that we practicably can, given case-by-case circumstances.
- You warrant that all copyrighted material–music, pictures, web content, videos, art, graphic design, etc. (this is not an exhaustive list, rather it is exemplary)—is either owned by you, or that you have express written permission to use any copyrighted material found in your submission. No exceptions.
- You agree, that in the event that the previous bullet point turns out to be not true (you have infringed someone else’s copyrights), to indemnify and hold harmless No Umbrella for any claims or threat of claim against the same, and that you will pay for (first), or reimburse (last resort), all costs associated with defending any such claims against No Umbrella for violation of another’s copyright as a result of your submission.
- You warrant that you have full consent and permission from all people who appear in any identifiable manner in your submission to use their persona in your submission, their knowing and understanding that their image or likeness may be used commercially.
- You agree to hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless No Umbrella from any and all claims, including, without limitation, claims for damages for libel, infringement of rights of publicity, invasion of privacy, portrayal in a false light, or any other claim from any person based on use of your submission.
- Any and all disputes arising from your submission shall be first attempted to be resolved by a mediator in Maine, in person or through electronic and phone communication.
- The parties agree Maine law applies to this agreement, and that all federal and state courts of Maine shall have subject matter jurisdiction of this agreement.
- This is the entire agreement with respect to the parties, and all other communications about this matter are not a part of this agreement.
Contact The Festival:
Maineoutdoorfilm @ gmail [dot] com